Cooking time: 25 mins
Dietary guidance: v
150g Plain Flour
1 tbsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Salt
220 ml Milk
110g Butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
110g Toffee pieces or finely chopped Toffee
75g Light Muscovado Sugar
1. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl.
2. Combine the eggs, sugar, milk, melted butter and vanilla until well blended.3. Make a well in the centre ofthe dry ingredients and pour in the egg mixture all at once.4. Quickly stir together with a large metal spoon until just combined.
5. Spoon the mixture into muffin cases to half fill them.
6. Sprinkle on the toffee pieces, dividing them equally between the muffins.
7. Top with muffin mixture to almost fill the cases.
8. Sprinkle each muffin with the remaining toffee pieces.
9. Bake for 20-30 minutes Gas Mark 6/200°C/400°F until well risen.