1/2 cup butter
1-8oz pkg cream cheese
2 t garlic powder
2 cups milk
6oz parmesan cheese, grated
1/8 t ground black pepper
1. Melt in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
3. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps.
4. Stir in parmesan cheese and pepper.
5. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency.
NOTE: If want it thick, use 1 cup milk and 1 cup of half & half or 1 cup heavy whipping cream. Toss with pasta.