2 6 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 pint fresh or reconstituted dried chanterelle mushrooms (or other hard mushroom)
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp dijon mustard
Juice of 1 lemon
1 whole-wheat baguette
1 tbsp balsalmic vinegar
3 oz. goat cheese
2 heirloom tomatoes, sliced
1/2 small red onion,thinly slices
1. Heat oven to 350. Heat oil in medium, ovenproof saute pan over medium heat.
2. Season chicken with salt, peppe, paprika. Cook until golden, about 3 min., in oil. Turn; add mushrooms to pan and cook, strring, 2-3 mins.
3. Place pan in oven; cook until mushrooms have released their liquid, 10-12 mins.
4. Remove pan from oven and place chicken on cutting board; slice thinly.
5. In pan, add butter, mustard, juice & vinegar to pan; swirl together to create a sauce.
6. Cut bread in half, lengthwise; spread cheese on one half.
7. Layer chicken slices over cheese; spoon mushrooms with sauce over chicken; top with tomato and onion slices. Cover with top half of bread and cut into 4 6" portions.