1. Make krokan first. Lightly grease a piece of aluminum foil placed on a baking sheet.
2. Mix the butter, chopped almonds, and sugar in a heavy skillet.
3. Place over moderate heat and cook, stirring constantly and taking care that the mixture doesn't burn.
4. When it's a good golden color, pour the mixture onto the greased aluminum foil.
5. Allow the krokan to cool completely.
6. When cool, place in plastic bad and lightly crush into small pieces by rolling over it with rolling pin.
7. Let icecream soften at room temperature and then stir in crushed krokan until thoroughly mixed.
8. Place icecream mixture back in freezer until frozen again.