v* 1 1/2 cup warm water
* 1 1/8 teaspoon active dry yeast
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 1 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup bread flour
* 3 cups regular flour
* 2 cups Warm water
* 2 tablespoons baking soda
* coarse salt to taste
* 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
1. Sprinkle yeast on lukewarm water in mixing bowl; stir to dissolve.
2. Add sugar, salt and stir to dissolve; add flour and knead dough until smooth and elastic.
3. Let rise at least 1/2 hour.
4. While dough is rising, prepare a baking soda water bath with 2 cups warm water and 2 Tbsp baking soda. Be certain to stir often.
5. After dough has risen, pinch off bits of dough and roll into a long rope (about 1/2 inch or less thick) and shape.
6. Dip pretzel in soda solution and place on greased baking sheet.
7. Allow pretzels to rise again.
8. Bake in 450 oven for about 10 minutes or until golden.
9. Brush with melted butter and serve.