* 1/2 lb. of stew meat, cut in small pieces
* 1 medium meaty soup bone
* 2 cups carrots, sliced thin
* 2 ribs celery with tops, sliced
* 1/2 large onion, diced
* 1 can cut green beans
* 1 can peas
* 1 can corn
* 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 bay leaf
* 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
* 2 teaspoons dried basil
* 1 tablespoon dried parsley
* 4 to 5 cups beef broth, from cans, base, or bouillon
* 1/2 cup barley
Use a 5 to 6-quart crockpot for this recipe, or cut back on ingredients for a smaller pot.
Brown stew meat in pan, but do not cook it all the way.
Add everything but the barley to the crock pot. Add water to within 1 1/2 inches of the top of the crock pot; stir. Cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours. Two hours before serving, remove the soup bone. Cut away the meat from the bone, chop it and add back to the crock pot(try not to eat it like I do). Add the barley. Continue cooking on HIGH until barley is tender.