Preparation time: 45 mins
Cooking time: 15-20 mins
Serves: as many as you like!
Dietary guidance: v
5 cups of unbleached or whole-wheat flour
1 pkg of quick yeast
1 tsp of salt
Optional add-ins: ground flax, fresh or dried basil, garlic salt or powder. Make sure if adding these dry ingredients to take away a bit of the flour so the recipe isn't too dry!
1 cup of milk
1 1/2 cups of water
2 tbsp of brown or white sugar, splenda, or honey
1/4 cup of olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
1. Measure flour, yeast and salt into a large bowl and set it aside.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients to a microwave-safe 4 cup container and heat for 2-3 mins.
3. Once the wet ingredients are heated, pour over flour mix and stir until a sticky ball forms.
4. Turn onto a floured surface and knead until the dough appears smooth and satiny. Oil the dough and let rest in warm dry place for 10-15 mins.
5. After 10-15 mins seperate into 4 balls and either freeze some right away or roll out to desired shape for crust.
6 Once toppings are added, bake for 15-20 mins depending on your oven.
*hint: add cornmeal to the bottom of your baking pan to keep crust from sticking. For extra crunchiness, flip dough and add cornmeal to both sides
*Other bready things you can do with the dough: cinnamon buns, cheese buns, sticks or bread, dinner rolls, berry scones, cinnamon raisin bread.