Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
1/2 cauliflower, small
2 tablespoons butter
1 onion, finely chopped
2 slices bacon, finely chopped
1/2 green capsicum, finely chopped
4-6 mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons plain flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup tasty cheese, grated
ground black pepper
1 tomato, sliced
1 sprig parsley, chopped
1. Pre-heat oven at 200 degrees.
2. Break Cauliflower into large florets.
3. Simmer gently for 5-6 minutes.
4. Melt butter in a saucepan and saute onion, bacon and capsicum for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add mushrooms and saute for another 1-2 minutes.
6. Add flour, mixing well.
7. Add milk, stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
8. Add cheese and season with pepper.
9. Place the cauliflower in a baking dish and pour the cheese sauce over the top.
10. Top with sliced tomatoes and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
11. Bake in pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes.