Dietary guidance: v
1 12-Inch Pre-made pizza crust or enough pre-made dough for 12-Inch pizza
1 Medium/Large Eggplant
1/2 Red Onion, diced
2 Tbl Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tsp Honey
2 Tbl Garlic, Minced
3 Tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1 Green Onion, sliced
3/4 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
Salt & Pepper
Pinch each of dried basil, dried oregano and dried thyme
1. Preheat broiler while preparing eggplant. Peel eggplant and slice into 1/4 inch discs. Arrange in single layer on broiling or baking pan. Brush with 1 tbl of Olive Oil, pinch of salt and pepper. Broil on top rack 4-6 minutes per side until cooked and golden brown. Remove and set aside.
2. Meanwhile mix balsamic vinegar and honey in small saucepan over medium heat until boiling. Lower heat and simmer until reduced by 1/2-ish. Set aside.
3. Preaheat oven & pizza stone to 475 degrees. Meanwhile, heat 2 tbl olive oil over medium heat in small sauce/fry pan until shimmering. Add diced red onions and saute until tender. Add garlic & red pepper flakes, saute for 30-45 seconds, do not brown the garlic.
4. If using premade crust, place on pizza peel. Or alternately stretch/toss pizza dough to form desired shape and place on peel with small dusting of flour. Spread garlic/red onion/red pepper flake/oil mixture onto pizza dough as if it were a normal sauce.
5. Layer eggplant slices slightly overlapping to cover all pizza except the edge. Brush eggplant slices with balsamic/honey sauce.
6. Layer diced green onion.
7. Cover with shredded mozzarella cheese, sprinkle dried herbs and black pepper on top.
8. Bake on pizza stone in 475 degree oven for 10-14 minutes until cheese is melted, golden brown and crust is golden brown.