Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sharp cheddar, grated
1/4 cup ranch dressing
1 cup mashed potatoes (real, not instant)
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup milk
flour for dusting
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
1. Mix the flour, baking power, salt, and grated cheese together in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, combine the ranch dressing, mashed potatoes, egg, and mix together. We used a whisk to combine these ingredients.
3. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients all at once. Stir with a spatula only until mixed. Do not over-mix.
4. Turn the dough out onto a floured counter and pat the dough with a floured hand into a 3/4-inch thick slab. Use a biscuit cutter to cut rounds. With a thin spatula, move the rounds to greased baking sheet.
5. Bake for ten to twelve minutes or until they start to brown. Serve hot.