Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
1 lb. Lean ground beef
1 Chopped onion
2 6oz. cans tomato paste
1 14.5 oz. can crushed tomatoes
2 cups Water
1 tbsp. Dried oregano
2 tsp. Garlic powder
2 tsp. Salt
¼ tsp. Ground black pepper
1 tbsp. White sugar
12 oz. Cottage cheese
½ cup Grated parmesan cheese
9 Lasagna noodles
1 lb. Shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until brown. Drain. In another skillet over medium heat, cook onion until translucent. Combine beef and onion in a large saucepan with tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, water, oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and sugar. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 1 hour.
2. While sauce is simmering, blend cottage cheese, Parmesan, and egg until smooth. Set aside.
3. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Spread 1 cup of sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover sauce with 3 noodles. Cover noodles with 1/3 remaining sauce. Top with half the mozzarella. Place another layer of noodles and one of sauce over the mozzarella; top that with the cottage cheese mixture. Top with remaining 3 noodles and remaining sauce.
6. Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top and bake 15 minutes more, until golden and bubbly.