Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v
3 c Sugar
1 cup Shortening
1 cup Cocoa
1 cup Boiling water
2 tsp. Baking soda
2 cup Cold water ASAP
4 cup Flour
2 tsp. Vanilla
1. Mix sugar, shortening, and eggs in a large bowl.
2. In a saucepan, combine cocoa, boiling water, baking soda, and the cold water quickly so it does not boil over.
3. Once boiling, add to large bowl with other ingredients.
4. Then add the flour, vanilla, and salt and combine all ingredients together well.
5. Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes.