* 10 ounces soba noodles
* 1 jalapeno, seeds removed
* 1/3 cup honey
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 2 to 3 tablespoons water
* 2 teaspoons olive oil
* 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
* 3 tablespoons soy sauce
* 2 teaspoons sesame oil
* 1/4 cup chopped scallions, green part only
* 2 tablespoons pickled ginger, minced
Cook soba noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside (or refrigerate until later in the week).
In a blender or food processor, combine jalapenos, honey, cilantro, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper and puree until smooth. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water to the mixture until desired consistency is achieved. Pour the 2 teaspoons of olive oil into a preheated skillet. Add the shredded chicken and the blended sauce and cook until heated through.
In a medium bowl, combine cooked soba noodles, soy sauce, sesame oil, scallions, and pickled ginger. Toss and then transfer to serving bowl. Pour heated chicken and sauce over noodles.
- - -