Set the oven to broil and the temperature to 400 degrees. Set the rack on the top shelf of the oven.
1. Butterfly the shrimp and place them in a baking dish with the tail-side up.
2. Place the butter and olive oil in a small sauce pan. Melt the butter over medium heat, stirring frequently, until it melts.
3. Stir the parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper into the butter mixture. Continue cooking until the garlic is fragrant (usually less than a minute). Pour the finished butter sauce over the top of the shrimp.
4. Broil for 10 to 15 minutes or until the shrimp pigmented portion of the shell turns red and the flesh turns from translucent to opaque and white. The baking time depends on the size of your shrimp and how far the shrimp are from the heating element.
5. Serve immediately over pasta with the butter sauce drizzled over the pasta.