Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v v
2 packages of tempeh
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
Milk (or water, for lactose intolerant folks or soy for vegans)
2 green onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 zucchini, sliced
1/2 cup bread crumbs
3 cups cooking greens/bok choy, chopped & washed
Spices to taste (I used sea salt, Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning, dried basil, and Goya Adobo All Purpose Seasoning - I know, a bit weird, but it works!)
2 Tbl olive oil
4 small potatoes, chopped
Pre-heat over to 375 degrees.
1. Spray non-stick cooking spray on a casserole dish. Slice bite size chunks of tempeh and lay the tempeh in the dish.
2. Prepare the cream of mushroom soup according to directions on the can, using milk or water (use less liquid for thicker sauce). Pour the soup over the tempeh.
3. Sprinkle the chopped green onions, the chopped garlic cloves and the bread crumbs over the tempeh.
4. Sprinkle sea salt and any other spices you want to use.
5. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
6. While it's in the oven, chop the cooking greens/bok choy and rinse thoroughly.
7. After 20 minutes, take the dish out of the oven. Layer the casserole with the sliced zucchini and then lay the cooking greens over the top. Drizzle the olive oil over the greens.
8. Put the dish back in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and let cool.
As a side dish, I made couscous too.