Difficulty: Medium - experience needed
Dietary guidance: d
1 1/2 lbs Wild Salmon
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 sweet onion
Pineapple juice, small
Salt, pepper, Goya Adobo, 1/4 c. brown sugar, and vegetable oil
1/2 c. guava jelly, warmed
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp crushed, red pepper
1/4-1/2 tsp cinnamon, to taste
2 tsp fresh or refrigerated minced ginger
1. Cut up pineapple, onion, and peppers.
2. Toss onion and peppers with salt, pepper, Adobo, 1/4 c. brown sugar, and vegetable oil.
3. Load onto skewers for kebabs and set aside.
4. Divide salmon into five portions, but do not cut through the skin.
5. Place the salmon, skin side up, in a shallow pan with pineapple juice. Allow to marinate for about 5 minutes.
6. While the salmon is marinating, mix the rub together in a small bowl.
7. Remove the salmon from pineapple juice an gently apply the rub, reserving 1 tbsp of rub.
8. Mix the reserved 1 tbsp rub with the 1/2 cup warmed guava jelly. Brush the top of the salmon with the guava glaze.
9. Load salmon into a well oiled grill basket or thoroughly oil the grill's grate before heating.
10. Grill salmon and kebabs until done, about 7 mins each side for the salmon and 4-5 mins each side for the kebabs.
YIELD: 5 servings