Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
3 beaten eggs
3 cups chopped apples
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
3. Add butter, eggs, apples and pecans to the dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Pour batter into well greased bunt pan (or cake pan) that's been dusted with flour. Bake for 1 hour or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
5. If using bunt pan, let sit for 10 minutes in the pan, then turn it over onto a cake plate. Let it sit an additional 10 minutes on cake plate before cutting.