Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 1 hr 15 min
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Serves: 1 loaf
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups shredded fresh pumpkin
1. Preheat over to 325 degrees F.
2. Sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla. Combine both mixtures and fold in the shredded pumpkin. Mix well.
4. Pour into a non-stick 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. If your pan is not non-stick, coat it with butter and flour.
5. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
6. Cool for 15 minutes, turn out onto cooling rack. Let it cool completely before cutting.
(You can also use a muffin pan with this recipe.)