Cooking time: 45-50 min
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
1 cup shortening
2 cups sugar
6 ripe bananas
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream sugar and shortening. Add bananas and cream all together. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each one.
3. Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Add the banana mixture and blend thoroughly. Add the pecans and incorporate them into the mixture.
4. Pour batter into 2 greased 4 x 8 inch loaf pans. Bake 45-50 minutes.
5. Cool for 15 minutes and turn out onto cooling rack. Cool completely before serving.