Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 25 min
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Serves: 16 puffs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter (4 tbs)
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 large eggs
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 cup country-style pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine milk and butter in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat stirring frequently until butter is melted and mixture is simmering.
3. Add flour and stir until it forms a chunky dough like substance. Make sure all the bits of flour are moistened. Remove from heat.
4. Beat in 1 egg at a time until mixture is smooth. Add remaining ingredients and blend well.
5. Drop heaping tablespoons of mixture onto greased cookie sheet. Bake 25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.