Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v
1 box Duncan Hines Double Fudge brownie mix, prepared as directed
2/3 jar Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
1/2 package Nestle white & milk chocolate swirled chips
1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
If you can't find the swirled chips, substitute 1/2 cup white chocolate chips and 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
If you can't find hazelnuts, substitute chopped pecans.
1. Grease a 9x9" baking pan.
2. In the pan, prepare the brownie mix as directed on the package, following the instructions for fudgy (not cake-like) brownies. (Don't overcook, because the brownies will be baked again later.)
3. Allow the brownies to cool for about 15-20 minutes.
4. Spread the Nutella thickly over the top of the brownies.
5. Sprinkle the chocoloate chips and the chopped nuts over the Nutella. Using a rubber spatula or the back of a spoon, gently press the chips and nuts down into the Nutella.
6. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
7. Bake the frosted brownies for about 7 minutes, or until the topping starts to melt together. Don't overcook, or the nuts and chips may burn.
8. Remove from the oven and chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
9. Remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving, and cut into 16 squares.