Difficulty: Medium - experience needed
1 stick of butter
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
4 tsp. cornstarch
1 c. Chicken broth (refrigerated)
1 1/2 lbs. raw shrimp
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
8 oz baby portabellas
2 c. rice
1. Prepare rice set aside.
2. While rice is cooking melt butter in a medium saucepan.
3. Combine cornstarch and broth whisking until smooth and set aside.
4. Combine chili powder, black pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper and whisk into butter once melted.
5. Cook for a minute or two.
6. Whisk in cornstrarch mixture and bring to a boil.
7. Cook and stir until thick (two to three minutes).
8. Cut chicken into bits the size of the shrimp.
9. In a frying pan add a 1/4 c. of the sauce bring heat up to medium-high heat.
10. Add mushrooms to pan.
11. Add chicken chunks and cook 2-5 minutes until done.
12. With 2 minutes left on the chicken add the shrimp and cook until fully pink.
13. Plate the rice.
14. Add the shrimp and chicken on top of the rice.
15. Pour some of the sauce over it all.