1 lb. extra wide egg noodles
4 Tbsp butter
2 large onions, thinly sliced lengthwise
Freshly ground pepper
1/2 tsp ground thyme or poultry seasoning
Four 6-8 oz bonless pork loin chops
Flour for dredging
2 large eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream or half-n-half
2 cups bread crumbs
1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
vegetable oil for frying
Flat leaf parsley, finely chopped (a generous handful)
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain.
2. While the pasta is working, in a deep skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions, season with salt, pepper and the thyme and cook, stirring until the onions are golden, 20minutes; set aside.
3. Place each pork chop between wax paper or plastic wrap and pound with a mallet or small heavy skillet to 1/4 inch thickness. Season the meat with salt and pepper on both sides. then lightly dredge in flour and shake off the excess. Transfer to a plate. In a shallow dish, beat the eggs and cream. On another plate. season the bread crumbs with the nutmeg.
4. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. and place a baking sheet on the middle rack. In a large skillet, pour in enough oil to measure 1/4" in the pan. Heat over medium heat. Dip the pork chops in the egg, then in the bread crumbs, and fry in the skillet 2 at a time, turning once, until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Transfer to the oven to keep warm while you cook the remaining chops.
5. Toss the noodles with the parsley and reserved onions, season with salt and pepper. Serve alonside the pork schnitzel with lemon wedges.