Preparation time: 20-30
Cooking time: 50-60
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Serves: 10 +
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces. Plus more for pan.
8 ounces your favorite chocolate, cut in chunks
1 cup all-purpose flour (spoon and leveled)
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 ¼ cups sugar
3 large eggs
Get to work:
1. Preheat oven to 350. Brush a 9-inch square baking pan with butter. Line bottom and two sides with a parchment paper leaving a 2â€ overhang on two sides. Butter paper and set pan aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. Place butter and chocolate in double boiler (or glass bowl on top of simmering water). Heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Add sugar; mix to combine. Add eggs; mix to combine. Add flour mixture; mix until just moistened (do not over mix).
5. Transfer batter to prepared pan; smooth top.
6. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, 50 to 60 minutes. Cool in pan 30 minutes (oh the waiting!). Using paper overhang, lift brownies out of pan. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.