Preparation time: 10
Cooking time: 30
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
* 1 lb ground turkey (cooked)
* 1/2 tablespoon fresh cilantro
* 2 tablespoons lime juice
* 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, sliced (optional)
* 1 teaspoon cumin
* 1 teaspoon pepper
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 cup peanuts (or almonds), crushed
* 1 head lettuce
1. Heat onions and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
2. Add ground turkey and cook thoroughly.
3. Add remaining ingredients and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Serve in a bowl and add a spoonful to the middle of a lettuce leaf.
5. Wrap, eat and enjoy.
For a sauce to add on top, I mix a half cup of sweet and sour sauce with a tablespoon of low sodium soy sauce. I am currently looking for other options though, so if you know any, let me know!
To make a spicier version add cayenne pepper in place of the regular pepper and also add 1-2 tablespoons of cilantro instead of 1/2 a tablespoon.
Sometimes I will add colored peppers with the onion to make the meal more aesthetically pleasing.. I will soon try to make a version with mushrooms and carrots as well :)