1 lb large prawns
Oil for deep frying
3 tbsp butter
6 bird's eye chilies (chopped)
3 sprigs of curry leaves (use only the leaves)
3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
6 tbsp of dessicated coconut (dry fried until golden brown)
1. Leave the prawn heads and shells on but chop off the eyes part. Slit down the back to remove the veins. Pat dry.
2. Heat oil and deep fry the prawns. Drain and set aside.
3. Melt the butter (make sure it doesn't burn!), add bird's eye chilies, curry leaves, garlic, salt and fry for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
4. Add prawns, sugar, soy sauce, wine, and grated coconut.
5. Cook over high heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve immediately.