Preparation time: 0
Cooking time: 0
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
* 1/4 cup honey
* 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
* 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
* 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
* Salt and pepper, to taste
* 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
* 1/4 pound bacon fat rendered reserved/bacon chopped
* 1 pound Cremini mushrooms, quartered
* 1 pound oyster mushrooms, sliced in thirds
* 1 bunch white asparagus, peeled and blanched
* 1 bunch green asparagus, peeled and blanched
* 1/4 pound baby arugula
In a large mixing bowl add honey, mustard, sherry vinegar, chives, salt and pepper to taste, slowly whisk in extra virgin olive oil and reserved bacon fat and chopped bacon.
Sauté all mushrooms with salt and pepper and reserve at room temperature, add a couple of tablespoons of vinaigrette to mushrooms to season.
Arrange asparagus on a serving platter drizzle with vinaigrette top with mushrooms and garnish with arugula.