Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 1 hr 30 min
Difficulty: Medium - some experience needed
3, 1-lb pheasants
2 T salt
1 T paprika
1/4 T ground black pepper
1/4 C butter, melted
2 T chicken stock
1 T extra-virgin olive oil
2 lbs green beans, trimmed
Salt and pepper as needed
2 T slivered almonds
1. (Pheasant) Season the inside of the pheasant with a pinch of salt. Place into a rotisserie and set the grill on high. Cook for 10 minutes.
2. While pheasant is cooking, quickly mix together the butter, 1 T of salt, paprika and pepper. Reduce the grill heat to medium and baste the pheasant with the butter mixture. Close the lid and cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, basting occasionally, until the internal temperature reaches 135 degrees F when taken in the thigh with a meat thermometer.
3. Remove the pheasant from the rotisserie and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting into pieces and serving.
4. (Green Beans) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
5. Lightly oil a sheet tray and set aside.
6. Combine the stock and oil in a bowl.
7. Spread the beans on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with the stock mixture.
8. Spread the beans out into a single layer and roast in the oven for 8 minutes.
9. Remove the baking sheet, season the beans with the salt and pepper, stir and turn over.
10. Sprinkle the beans with the almonds and roast for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until the beans are wrinkled and tender and the nuts are fragrant and browned. Serve immediately.