Serves: As many that can eat 25-30 cookies
Dietary guidance: v
150g butter (room temp)
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
125g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups rolled oats
2/3 cup dried apricots or cranberries
1 cup chocolate chunks or chocolate bits
1. Mix butter and sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
2. Add vanilla and egg, beat until smooth.
3. Sift in flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
4. Mix in oats, chocolate and fruit.
5. Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
6. Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls, place on tray, and flatten slightly.
7. Bake in oven at 180 deg C for 15-20 mins or until golden brown.
8. Remove from oven, allow to stand for 10 mins then transfer to wire cooling rack to cool completely.