1 medium eggplant, pared and sliced thin
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1-2 Tbsp water
1/2-1 cup white rice flour (or regular all-purpose flour)
2-3 Tbsp corn meal
1-2 Tbsp lemon pepper (to taste)
1. Sweat the eggplant by laying on paper towels and dusting with salt- let sit for 30 minutes and then blot well.
2. Add several tablespoons olive oil to skillet, preheat over medium flame.
3. Mix Greek yogurt and water together (or you could use regular plain yogurt and omit the water).
4. Mix the flour, corn meal and lemon pepper.
5. Remove the remaining salt from the eggplant slices. Dip into yogurt then dredge in flour mixture.
6. Place eggplant slices in skillet. Allow to brown on each side.
7. Drain on paper towels.
8. Serve hot or cold. Would go well with yogurt, tomatoes, ketchup, or a variety of other dips.