Preparation time: 10
Cooking time: 60
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v v g d
3 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup pecans, crumbled
1/2 cup cashew bits
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1/4 cup oat bran
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3 packets Stevia (NuStevia, or other low-bitterness brand)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup dried date bits
Pre-heat oven to 275F.
1. Combine dry ingredients, mix.
2. Incorporate applesauce gradually
3. Incorporate olive oil gradually.
4. Spread out onto jelly roll pan. Bake for 1hour, turning every 15 minutes.
5. Mix in dried fruit.
6. Bake an additional 15 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and cool.
Store in an air-tight container (Tupperware). Best to make two batches at once if you have two jelly roll pans.