Preparation time: 1 hour
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
1 dozen eggs
2 cups vinegar
1 cup water
1 1/2 Tablespoons kosher or sea salt
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small onion, diced
2 small chili peppers (hot or mild, your choice)
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
1. Cover eggs with water in a large cook pot and bring to a boil.
2. Remove from heat and cover pot.
Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
3. When cooled, peel eggs and place in a large sealable jar.
4. Combine all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
Lower temperature, stir and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
6. Pour cooled vinegar mix over eggs, seal the jar and store it in refrigerate for 2 days before eating.
Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.