8 oz. Camembert cheese
1 ½ pounds Gruyere or Gouda cheese
1 cup milk
6 Tbsp. butter, melted
½ tsp. white pepper
1 tsp. paprika
1 onion, finely chopped
1. Remove Camembert from refrigerator before using and leave it at room temperature for 4 hours.
2. Grate the Gruyere or Gouda coarsely and dice the Camembert.
3. Place the cheeses in a metal fondue pan, together with the milk, butter, seasonings, and onion.
4. Place on the stove and heat gently, stirring, until the cheese melts. Do not allow the fondue to boil.
5. Bring the fondue pan to the table and place on spirit burner.
6. Serve with cubes of bread.