3 kg pork ribs or 2 kg cubed pork meat
2 tbsp oil
half a salted cabbage- sliced, soak (15 mins) & tossed
1.5 L of water
6 cloves of sliced garlic
3 cloves of sliced shallots
3 tbsp sugar (optional)
2 handfuls of peanut (boiled for 15 minutes to remove smell & dust)
some parsley leaves
1. Stir fry sliced garlic & shallots till brown. Stir in sliced salted cabbage till fragrant.
2. Add in pork & stir. Cover for 2 minutes. Stir to turn the sides. Cover again till the meat turns pale & start to dry up.
3. Add in water, peanut, ajinomoto & sugar.
4. Let boil & simmer for 1 hour.
5. Add parsley leaves & serve.
* U don't need sugar if the salted cabbage is stir-fried till slightly brown (its sugar comes out)
** This technique takes lesser time although it needs almost constant attention initially.