2-3 Boneless Chicken Breasts, approx. 1 lb, (1 in. cubed)
1/2 lb Large Raw Shrimp (devined and peeled)
2 Spicy Italian "Andouille" Sausage Links, approx. 1/2 lb (Finger width Sliced)
1 Red Bell Pepper (Diced)
1 Yellow Bell Pepper (Diced)
1 White Onion (Diced)
1 Fresh Lemon (sub lemon juice)
2 Cups "dirty" rice
3 tbsp Emeril's Bayou Blast Seasoning
2 tbsp cooking oil
Optional: Red Pepper, Hot Pepper Sauce, Bay Leaf (season to taste)
Replace rice with 16 oz. linguine, and add Cajun cream sauce
Cajun Cream Sauce Ingredients
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 tbsp flour
1 tbsp butter
1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning (Emeril's Bayou Blast)
several drops of Frank's Red Hot Sauce or Tabasco, more or less, to taste
dash freshly ground black pepper
First you need:
1 Large saucepan w/ lid (for rice)
1 Large skillet (for chicken, sausage, peppers, onions)
1 Large Bowl (for seasoning chicken)
1 medium saucepan (for Cajun cream sauce)
1. In a large bowl, add cubed chicken, 3 tbsp Emeril's Bayou Blast, 2 tbsp cooking oil. 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice. Season evenly and set aside.
2. Bring 4 cups water to a boil in large saucepan. Add rice, bay leaf (optional) Return to a boil; reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Remove and discard bay leaf.
3. Meanwhile, heat large skillet over medium-high heat 1 minute. Add sausage, onions and bell pepper; cook and stir 10 minutes.
4. Increase heat to high; add shrimp, chicken. Cook and stir 5 minutes. Add salt, ground red pepper (optional). Stir to blend thoroughly.
5. Place rice on platter. Spoon shrimp mixture over rice and serve with pepper sauce.
Cajun Cream Sauce (optional)
Prepare sauce. Simmer cream for about 4 minutes to reduce. Blend flour with butter; whisk into the cream. Add remaining seasonings, tasting and adjusting as necessary. Keep warm until ready to serve.