Preparation time: 10
Cooking time: 8 mins
-4-6 Tilapia (or other fish) fillets. (you can use as many as you want)
-8 oz cream cheese (I use fat free to keep this recipe nice & healthy and low calorie!)
-1 can spinach, drained or frozen bagged spinach, thawed and prepared.
-1/4 tsp nutmeg
-1 crushed garlic clove
-bread crumbs or crushed ritz crackers
-pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350
2. Blend the cream cheese and spinach in a large bowl.
3. Add the garlic, nutmeg, and salt
4. Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray
5. Arrange the fillets on the pan and slice a slit down the fish.
6. spoon the cream cheese mixture onto the fish, flattening it so that it seeps in the slit (this isnt' TRUE stuffed fish...a lot will just be spooned over the top)
7. sprinkle Ritz or bread crumbs over fish
8. bake for 8 minutes until fish flakes with a fork.
*I didn't use all of the cream cheese mixture, so I recommend saving the left over and using it as a spinach dip! My husband loves it on wheat thins or chips!