Preparation time: 20
Cooking time: 15
1 onion, chopped
2 clove Garlic, crushed
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp Salt
1 tsb Cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp curry powder strength of powder dependent on your own taste.
1 chilli, finely diced
500g minced beef
5 tsp tomato puree
350ml beef stock
1x400g can butter beans
2 x loaf crusty white bread cut in halfs
1. Heat the oil over a gentle heat, add the onion and cook until softened. Add the garlic followed by the turmeric, garam masala, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cumin, curry powder and chilli and cook for a couple of minutes.
2. Increase the heat and add the meat, stirring until browned.
3. Add the tomato puree and then the stock, stir and simmer for a couple of minutes.
4. Add the butter beans and cook the dish gently on a low heat for about 15 minutes.
5. When ready, cut the bread in half lengthways, scoop out the middle and set aside. Fill the hollowed-out bread with the curry mix and serve.
This dish is not traditionally served with cutlery and is eaten with the hands. The bread filling is used to dip into the sauce then the rest of the bunny is picked up or pieces torn off.