1 tbsp olive oil
4 spring onions, chopped
350g/12oz cooked beetroot, chopped
400 ml chopped tomato
200ml/7fl oz chicken stock (or add as required)
1 tbsp horseradish cream
250g/8oz sour cream
squeeze of lemon
2 tbsp chives finely chopped
1. Heat a saucepan until just hot, then add the olive oil and spring onions and cook for two minutes.
2. Add the cooked beetroot, chicken stock and horseradish and bring to the boil.
3. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4. Place in a blender and process until smooth, squeeze in juice from lemon.
5. Return to the saucepan and stir in the sour cream.
6. Serve with a sprinkling of chives.