Preparation time: ~10 min
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
1/2c fat ( butter, margarine, peanut oil, etc)
* proportion is what is important. enlarge or reduce quantity as necessary
1. put everything into a glass dish and microwave for 2 minutes
2. take out and stir until smooth
3. put back in and nuke another minute
4. take out, stir
5. now nuke in 30 second increments until you reach the desired color
* The bigger the batch the longer it will take.
* Some fats cook the flour faster than others.
* The darker it is, the more flavor it will add, but the less it will thicken.
* If you see little black dots, start over. It means that you burned it and it will make anything taste horrible.
* Be CAREFUL with this stuff, it will stick to skin and BURN.
Blonde - light beige, the color of caramel
Medium - Peanut butter
Dark, Red - milk chocolate
Brick, Black - coffee