Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
1 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
3T granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 (10oz.) package of frozen raspberries
2T granulated sugar
1/2 cup water
2 cups white chocolate chips
1/2 cup half & half
3 (8oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1t vanilla extract
1. Mix together cookie crumbs, 3T sugar, and melted butter. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9" springform pan.
2. In a saucepan, combine raspberries, 2T sugar, cornstarch, and water. Gently bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. If desired, strain sauce through a mesh strainer to remove seeds.
3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a double boiler, melt white chocolate chips with half & half, stirring until smooth.
4. In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Blend in vanilla and melted chocolate mixture. Pour half the batter over the crust. Pour roughly 1/4 of the raspberry sauce over the batter. Pour remaining cheesecake batter into pan. and again pour 1/4 of the raspberry sauce on top. Swirl batter with the tip of a knife to create a marbled effect.
5. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until filling is set. Cool on wire rack, then cover with wrap and refrigerate overnight before removing from pan. Top with remaining raspberry sauce and serve.