Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
1 - 1.5 lbs of Center-cut beef tenderloin
Few pinches of Kosher salt
Fresh Cracked pepper
1 large shallot, peeled & chopped
1 cup red wine (whatever you're drinking works fine)
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In an ovenproof pan, heat the olive oil over hig heat until hot but not smoking.
3. Season the meat with salt and pepper, then brown it in the pan on all sides.
4. Transfer the pan to the oven and roast until the meat's internal temperature reaches 130 degrees F (for rare). 15-30 minutes. Remove pan from oven.
5 Transfer the meat to a cutting board and tent it with foil for 10 minutes at least.
6. Pour all but a thin film of fat from the pan.
7. Add the shallot and saute it over medium-low heat until golden, 2-3 minutes.
8. Add the red wine and raise the heat to high, scraping up any brown bits from the pan.
9. When the sauce is syrupy (about 5 minutes), turn off the heat and whisk in the butter.
10. Carve the meat in thick slices and drizzle with the pan sauce.
11. Top off with slices of butter.