Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
14 oz package of frozen broccoli florets (~5cups)
1 small onion, chopped (~1cup)
3 cups chicken broth
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
3/4 fat free half/half
1/2 cup 2% milk
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 cup small fresh broccoli florets
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1. Place frozen broccoli, onion, chicken broth, and parsley in saucepan. Bring to boil. Cover tightly and simmer for 45min. Remove from heat and uncover.
2. Stir together half/half, milk, and cornstarch until smooth. Set aside.
3. Puree hot cooked mixture in blender, in batches, until smooth. Return to saucepan.
4. Stir in half/half mixture, salt, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, broccoli florets, and lemon juice. Bring up to a simmer, cover and cook for 15min.
5. Taste and correct seasonings, if necessary, and serve.