Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 40 min
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
1/3 cup butter
1 slice prosciutto, diced
2 teaspoons minced shallots
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
1/4 cup lombardo dry marsala wine
1 cup chicken stock
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon marjoram
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
4 chicken breasts
1) Melt butter over low heat in a medium saucepan. Turn heat up to medium high to sauté the prosciutto in the melted butter for about 2 to 3 minutes; be careful not to burn butter, add shallots and garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds. Add marsala wine, simmer for another 30 seconds or so, then add mushrooms and black pepper. Simmer over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
2) Dissolve corn starch in chicken stock. Add stock to saucepan and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Add parsley and cream to the sauce and simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat, cover until needed.
3) Preheat barbecue grill on high heat. Combine ingredients for the chicken spice in a small bowl. Use your thumb and fingers to crush the spices in the bowl to make a finer blend.
4) Brush each chicken breast generously with olive oil. Sprinkle spice blend over both sides of chicken breast and grill for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until done. Give chicken a one quarter turn on each side while cooking to make the criss cross grill marks.
5) Serve entree by arranging each chicken breast on a plate. Spoon one quarter of the marsala sauce over each serving of chicken and serve.