Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Serves: ~8 Bisucuits
4t baking powder
.25t baking soda
.75t teaspoon salt
2T butter, cubed
2T butter-flavored shortening, cubed
1c buttermilk, chilled
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray
* Heat oven to 450
* Mix all the dry ingredients and sift together into a mixing bowl
* Mix the fats into the dry ingredients with your fingertips until the consistency of wet sand. DON'T overdo it and melt the fats.
* Make a well in the flour and pour in the buttermilk. Mix with a spoon. The dough will be extremely sticky.
* Fold about 10 times on a well floured board. Pat out to about a half inch think.
* Cut your rounds and put on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
* Bake about 12-15 minutes until the tops are golden brown
* Spray the tops with the spray