Cooking time: ~ 13 to 15 minutes
Serves: ~ 36 cookies
Dietary guidance: v
1/2 cup softened butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3-4 cups oatmeal (whole flakes)
1 cup walnuts
Other ingredients such as raisins, cranberries, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, sunflower seeds, cashews, almonds, pine nuts, etc.
1. First, cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Mix in the vanilla and vegetable oil.
2. In a separate bowl, evenly blend in the baking soda into the flour. Mix dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients prepared in step 1.
3. Mix in the oatmeal. Then add in the walnuts and other ingredients that you would like in your oatmeal jumbles.
4. Bake for about 13-15 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until golden for soft, chewy cookies. They may be baked longer for crispier cookies.
1. Chocolate chip oatmeal walnut jumbles (my favourite): Add 1 cup chocolate chips.
2. Cinnamon raison oatmeal walnut jumbles: Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 cup raisins.