Preparation time: 5
Cooking time: 20
Dietary guidance: v
125g dried spaghetti
4 large and juicy red tomatoes
1/2 large onion
1 large clove garlic
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup red wine
Fresh basil leaves (garnish)
Block of parmesan cheese (garnish)
Handful cheery tomoatoes (garnish)
sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Chop the onion, tomatoes and garlic finely.
- In 4 tbsp olive oil, slowly broil the onion and garlic until they are golden but still soft.
- Add the tomatoes, stir for a minute or two, then add the balsamic vinegar, wine (optional, but i like the extra flavour from old red wine you just have sitting around). Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer on low
- In the meanwhile, cook your spaghetti to your liking or according to packet instructions. This should take no more than 15 minutes.
- When your spaghetti is ready, drain and add to the sauce, stir through and remove from the heat.
- Garnish with torn fresh basil leaves, grated parmesan cheese, and a handful of halved cherry tomatoes.