Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 12-14 mins
Serves: Makes 48
Dietary guidance: v
1 1/2 tsp vinegar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp shredded lemon peel
1 3/4 cup sifted, all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1. Stir vinegar into milk. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Bean in egg and peel.
2. Sift dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk; beat after each addition.
3. Drop from teaspoon two inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees F. Remove at once; brush with glaze.
1. Combine 3/4 cup granulated sugar and 1/4 cup lemon juice.
2. Heat over low-medium temperature until smooth glaze.