Preparation time: 30
Cooking time: total time 30
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
* 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
* 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
* 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
* 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
* 2 green onions, thinly sliced
* 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
* 2 tablespoons ketchup
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
* 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
* 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
* 4 hard rolls, split
* Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
* In a small bowl, combine the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, parsley and 1 teaspoon mustard; set aside.
* In another bowl, combine the onions, bread crumbs, ketchup, salt, rosemary, sage and remaining mustard. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight thin patties. Spoon cheese mixture onto center of four patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
* Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
I found this recipe on Taste of Home