Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serves: about 8
* 1 cup olive oil
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
* 1 lemon, juiced
* lemon zest
* 6 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 tablespoon catsup
* 2 teaspoons dried oregano
* 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails attached
* skewers (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together olive oil, parsley, garlic, catsup, oregano, and black pepper. Reserve a small amount for basting later. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag with shrimp. Seal, and marinate in the refrigerator overnight. (or at least 2 hours)
2. Preheat grill for medium-low heat. Add lemon and zest to bag and mix thoroughly.
3. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard or cook marinade.
4. Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp for 5 minutes per side, or until opaque, basting frequently with reserved marinade.