Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v n d
1 cup Flour
1 tsp. ground Anise seed
1/4 tsp. Baking powder
1/2 lg. Lemon (zested)
1/3 cup Sugar
7 Tbsp. Butter or dairy free alternative
1 Egg yolk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Mix together flour, anise, baking powder and salt.
2. Combine lemon zest, sugar and butter.
3. Add egg yolk and vanilla. to sugar mixture.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
5. Roll out dough to 1/8 - 1/4" thick.
6. Put in fridge and chill for 15 minutes until slightly firm.
7. Cut cookies with cookie cutters.
8. Place on baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes at 375 F, or until cookies are *slightly* browned at the very edges.